This post is written in world’s most spoken language – bad English 🙂 For my Insta girls ❤ So excuse me grammar mistakes and start baking!
I’m not a recipe creator. I’m mum who must cook & bake cuz – who else will do it? When I cook, I do not count grams; I take piece/package/cup (not an American cup, my favorite tea-cup!). And I taste and take risks 🙂
This recipe is good for busy bees. You start yesterday, do most of work today, but eat tomorrow! Continue reading and you will understand. Easy to prepare, so tasty that any i-dont-eat-your-vegan-shit will not understand that it’s vegan 🙂 !
- 300 g digestive crackers/biscuits (that’s a package in my local store – organic wheat crackers)
- 100 ml coconut oil
- 300 g cashew nuts (a package – local store packs it in 300g)
- 250 g silken tofu (a package – again)
- 1 cup=100 ML sugar (white, brown or your healthy one)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (or more if you wish)
- 250 ML coconut milk
- lemon juice (I used freshly pressed from 2 lemons)
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- grate some nutmeg (for fancy ones)
day one: soak the cashews overnight
day two: make the bottom & filling
- Crash crackers into sandy texture using your kitchen tool (a hand blender works well for me; you can see tools I work with HERE).
- Melt coconut oil and add it to crushed crackers.
- Mix it well together and spread evenly into baking pan.
the short way–
- Put all ingredients for filling in your mega kitchen blender and mix it until smooth, creamy consistence.
- Take a half of cashews, half of tofu and half of coconut milk, put it into your not-so-mega blender and mix until smooth, creamy consistence.
- Set aside.
- Take the rest of all ingredients for filling and mix until smooth, creamy consistence.
- Add the first mix of nuts, tofu and coconut milk. Mix it together.
- Taste. Maybe some more sugar or lemon? When the cake is baked it will taste less than raw filling.
- Pour the filling into baking pan over the crackers (while pouring, I did add some fresh raspberries).
- Bake in the oven – 200 C, 30 min.
- Let it cool down.
- Refrigerate an hour or two or over night recommended.
day three: decorate & eat!
Let me know how it turned out for you 😉